When freighting reptiles please follow the following steps:
- Make sure all import export permits are complete from relevant state before shipping. It is the buyers/seller in each state responsibility to fulfil their licence requirement.
- Only send healthy animals. Young animals should be established feeders before being shipped.
- A secure and strong container. Animal secure in a calico bag. Use paper towel, newspaper to make sure the animal has minimal movement in container.
- If using a plastic container best to put another container inside with the animals in it for extra protection.
- Use a wooden container or hard esky. Eskys are good as they are strong and insulated. Secure top with cable ties or tape.
- Always have sufficient air holes.
- Be mindful of feeding prior to shipping. Defecation and urination can cause issues in shipped animals.